Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Snuggling Up To More Ideas


Illustration by Rene Gruau

As the weeks become colder and the air more chilled, my thoughts turn toward the warmer styles of fall and winter. Things are slowing a little at the Ritzy Raven studio thanks to the oncoming holidays. Fear not, The Debut blouse is coming along, and we'll be back in full-tilt finalizing mode at the start of the new year.

Besides the fact that I'm personally in need of a new basic black winter coat, I'm also inspired to possibly create one for the Ritzy Raven line. This would most likely be a venture not taken up until next year, and only after currently planned designs prove to be successful enough.

I'd love to do a medium weight wool Art Deco era coat, similar to the ones illustrated above. Maybe with velvet instead of fur trimming? Fur is more costly and ethically risky to source these days, but there are some faux furs that are lovely. Or I could design an option that gives the wearer the ability to add their own vintage or faux fur collar?
Besides a coat, there is another outerwear option on my drawing board, but under wraps for now...pun quite possibly intended.




1 comment:

  1. I like this blog so very much. Thank you for bringing the fabulous craftsmanship and fashion design of past eras to our attention. Clothing was made so well back then with attention to every detail. The fabrics were gorgeous and draped beautifully. If we don't remember, we will have lost a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be unreasonably argumentative, will not be permitted.