Thursday, October 22, 2015

Bits And Pieces

This weekend I'm hoping to begin draping what will become the "Debut" blouse for Ritzy Raven.
It won't look too exciting at first, made out of a basic muslin for mock-up purposes, as I nail down the fabric I want the final product made up in.

Yesterday evening, after battling a migraine for most of the day, I pulled myself up by my bootstraps and did a purge of the sewing area. I also rearranged some of the furniture to better suit my needs, and pleasantly surprised that this small thing helped to improve the light in the space once the sun set. I had a very dark chest of drawers, with more dark colored boxes on top of it, in an otherwise bright corner. Trading spaces with a lower profile piece that was brighter, made a huge difference.
While there's still some loose items that need a home sitting in the middle of the room, at least it's 99% there to becoming a functional space again. Getting four of those big Rubbermaid containers to store costumes in, also made a huge difference.
There may be a few listings coming to my Etsy shop soon, as I de-stash some of the fabrics and trimmings I haven't used in ages.


I also realized that for once in a very long time, my performance and event calendar is clear! At least for the remainder of the holiday season. This is rare, and honestly...it feels really nice.
If there is an event, I'll be going as an attendee rather than a performer. Of course that doesn't rule out a possible improvised gig when attending Dickens Fair, since many of my friends will be actors again this year. It's always a good time, specially when you can just have spontaneous fun with friends, while in costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be unreasonably argumentative, will not be permitted.