Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Inspirations And Sketches


Over this past weekend, I began drawing up a final list of items I'd like as debut pieces for the launch of Ritzy Raven. One of the inspirations behind RR is none other than the above pictured beauty, Marlene Dietrich. A shining star of the silver screen in pre-war Germany, and then a leading lady in Hollywood, her style and sex appeal has continued to inspire the art, beauty and fashion industry without skipping a beat. Equal parts femme fatale mixed with classic bombshell she has always, on varying levels, inspired my own personal style.
It's only natural that I would turn to such an icon to now play as muse to my own clothing line.

If I could do it, a four piece collection would include a dress, two blouses and one skirt for a spring or summer release.
Realistically, one or two items would be how I'd start things off, based on a limited pre-order run. A dress, or two separates like a blouse and skirt for instance.

For inspiration only, courtesy of a 1930s Vogue pattern

I have a sketch of one blouse style I want to have as a possible core piece for RR, and I'm still working out the skirt and a possible dress. With a mid-1930s theme, the blouse has wonderfully clean lines and a flattering cut popular during the era. Details are showcased in an appliqued ribbon design on the front. One option in black on black, the other in a coral shade with black detail. More colors in this core blouse style could happen for future seasons.

I may have people vote on the skirt; a trumpet silhouette or a tailored style, and button details at the front to add art deco flair. It will likely be made up in a nice gabardine suiting in black and perhaps an alternate color in future runs.
I'm starting off with black as my main color, in keeping with the brand theme, and adding color in corresponding pieces. If this initial micro collection works out, and I can raise enough funds to cover it, I have a vintage rayon print fabric in the works for future pieces that is absolutely fantastic.

While I won't be sharing any of my design sketches here yet, keep an eye on this page for more photos of mock-up designs, a new logo, imagery design, and all the lovely things to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be unreasonably argumentative, will not be permitted.